· Ministry of Trade has published a Communiqué that will come into effect on December 29th.
· The purpose of this communiqué is to regulate the import of below mentioned electric vehicles.
Goods subject to the permit certificate of the Ministry of Industry and Technology
(1) In the import of electric vehicles, whose Customs Tariff Statistical Positions (CTSP) and definitions are specified below, which are not originating from the European Union (EU) and Free Trade Agreement (FTA) signed countries, a "permit certificate" issued by the Ministry of Industry and Technology will be sought.
DESCRIPTION OF THE GOOD
Those with an internal combustion engine without driving power
In order to be exempted from the Permit Certificate, goods must come with an A.TR Circulation of Goods Certificate or a Proof of Origin Document within the scope of the relevant Free Trade Agreement.
(2) In order to issue a "Permit Certificate" for electric vehicles that do not meet the exemption conditions, the following criteria must be met cumulatively.
· Certification by the Turkish Standards Institute (TSI) that at least 20 authorized service stations have been established by the importer itself in 7 geographical regions in TS 12047 and TSE K 646 standards for after-sales assembly, maintenance and repair of the goods to be imported,
· Persons responsible for the purchase, sale, maintenance and repair of electric vehicles must hold a qualification certificate issued by TSI or the Vocational Qualifications Authority exclusively for the purchase, sale, maintenance and repair of electric vehicles,
· Providing service for each brand to be imported with a Turkish call center established in Turkey with at least 40 personnel,
· The manufacturer of the goods to be imported must have an authorized representative residing in the country,
· Providing a written commitment that the importer accepts the procedures to be carried out regarding the monitoring, control and inspection of battery systems.